Associate Director, Engineering
Reporting to the Director, Engineering and Facility Services, this position directs and coordinates multiple activities of the engineering department and contract services team to operate and maintain all power plant and related facility, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems, ensuring the highest level of efficiency and reliability.
Basic supervisory and operational responsibilities include: operate and maintain the Central Mechanical Plant; provide support and oversight for the Rose Building Mechanical Plant; monitor all pertinent mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire safety systems in the concert halls and administration facilities, (including FSD and EAP administration and compliance); utilities management and distribution; administrative oversite of utilities procurement and monitoring support; campus vertical transportation contract maintenance; code compliance.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Direct activities in preventative maintenance, operation and upgrades of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety and vertical circulation systems to maximize the provision of these services in an efficient, cost-effective and code compliant manner.
• Lead and direct large complex capital projects of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, ensuring quality of work and adherence to scheduling, quality and budget demands.
• Direct work order management, labor assignments, and scheduling of engineering staff, and oversee weekly payroll administration.
• Support and represent the Director, as needed, in the oversight and coordination of operational activities, which may include collaboration and support from trade and custodial services.
• Support the Director and the Managing Director with forecasting operating costs of engineering department expenses, preparation of fiscal budget requests as well as constituent billing practices.
• Monitor contract services within areas of purview to ensure conformance to scope, schedule, budget and quality of service delivery.
• Establish and monitor bench-marking criteria and performance standards to provide the appropriate level of engineering services and staffing.
• Research fire codes, building codes and other relevant regulations to ensure that facility and life-safety systems remain in compliance with applicable codes and regulations. Administer and maintain compliance with FSD and EAP regulations.
• Research and analyze technology and industry trends, human resource needs and market demand for capital projects, preventative maintenance procedures and staffing strategies.
• 8+ years’ experience in management and operation of major mechanical electrical, plumbing and fire safety systems
• Demonstrated managerial skills - experience with contract and unionized labor preferred
• Extensive knowledge and experience in managing building operations of large and complex facilities, steam and chilled water plants, fire-alarm and life safety systems
• Experience with complex capital renovations
• Strong written, oral and presentation skills, excellent mathematical, reasoning and problem solving ability.
• Demonstrated leadership, responsiveness, and accountability
• Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of BMS computer-based systems and software applicable to physical plant operations, MS Project, Autocad Design software, proficient in MS Office Suite
• Flexibility with work hours
• Valid Driver’s License
• Current NYC Refrigeration License – Unlimited Ton/Unlimited HP
• Current EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification
• Emergency Action Plan/Fire Safety Director Certified Class E High Rise
• Active member in ASHRAE
• LEED certified
• Active in an Engineering Society
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the [email protected] inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Associate Director, Engineering in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.