Part-Time Community Engagement Manager
Community Engagement Programs, Lincoln Center Education
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
Lincoln Center Education enriches the lives of students, educators and lifelong learners by providing opportunities for engagement with the arts on the stage, in the classroom, digitally, and in the community.
Boro-Linc is a new initiative charged with increasing access to Lincoln Center’s world class educational and family programming from its 11 constituent companies for more NYC residents. Lincoln Center will take residence at a partnering cultural or community-based institution in each of the five boroughs to offer a dynamic season of performances, workshops, and lecture demos for youth and families. Mentor-Linc is Lincoln Center’s exciting new and free mentoring program available to Middle School Arts Audition Boot Camp alumni and teens attending LCE’s partner high schools. Mentor-Linc supports student success throughout high school and the college admission process.
Serving on Lincoln Center Education’s Community Engagement Programs team, the Part-Time Community Engagement Manager is responsible for all administrative and logistical aspects of the Boro-Linc and Mentor-Linc initiatives, as well as being an on-site presence at the events for each program. The Manager will work closely with her or his colleagues in the department and communicate as needed with Lincoln Center constituent organizations and the Boro-Linc/Mentor-Linc cultural partners. The Temporary Part-time Community Engagement Manager reports to the Director of Community Engagement Programs.
* Managing general program calendars and timelines;
* Overseeing and creating production timelines and plans;
* Leading and managing production team and technical requirements of music, theatre, and media based performances;
* Managing the hiring and training or necessary production and event personnel;
* Managing artist relationships and needs;
* Acting as front-of-house manager and modeling excellent customer service at Boro-Linc performances and programs on some weekends and weeknights;
* Calling cues and/or overseeing smooth performances;
* Communicating logistics between constituents, the cultural partner (venue), and LC and LC marketing department;
* Overseeing program expenses and processing invoices;
* Contributing to promotional activity via social media;
* Capturing photos and saving to database/servers/social media;
* Collecting and analyzing metrics to generate reports and information as needed;
* Supporting daily operations of the Mentor-Linc activities in conjunction with the program manager;
* Supporting the Community Engagement Programs team goals and LCE departmental goals and initiatives by participating in cross-team collaboration;
* Maintaining program server files and generating templates and project management tools; and
* Ability to support technical and management team during events including but not limited to lifting, set up, take down and materials transport.
* 2+ years of front-of-house and production or similar experience;
* Interest in community organizing and arts and social justice;
* Teaching experience a plus;
* Case management experience a plus;
* Strong customer service skills;
* Ability to multi-task and juggle complex schedules;
* Experience working with tight deadlines;
* Facility with social media and technology;
* Proficiency in Word and Excel;
* Proficiency with Patron’s Edge/Arts Vision or similar databases a plus;
* Fluency in Spanish or Chinese a plus;
* A good sense of humor;
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
* Availability to work some weekends (Friday-Sunday) and occasional evenings required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the [email protected] inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Temporary Part-Time Community Engagement Manager in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.