Lincoln Center Development Project
Reporting to the Chief Planning Officer (CPO) of the Lincoln Center Development Project (LCDP). The intern will assist in research for the David Geffen Hall (DGH) project and other Lincoln Center assets, work with LCDP staff and the architectural teams for the DGH project, and learn about the management and operation of large cultural institutions and New York City land use regulations.
The scope of the duties of the intern will include:
1. Assisting with research on city, state, and federal agency approval processes for DGH
2. Assisting with preparation of presentations to agencies, civic and community groups, elected officials, preservation groups, and the committees and full board of Community Board 7
3. Preparation, with LCDP staff, of logistics plans for DGH; presentations to Lincoln Center Boards and constituents
4. Research on historic planning and architectural designs for DGH (formerly Philharmonic Hall)
This internship might be right for you if you have:
• Background in urban planning or design
• Familiarity with city and state zoning and preservation regulations and requirements, including the Zoning Resolution a plus
• Can bring a unique perspective to this internship and able to work well with others
• Excellent verbal, face-to-face, written communication skills, and research skills and are comfortable interacting with a professional manner
• Are highly skilled with MS Office, including MS Word and MS Excel, and a design program like Illustrator or InDesign
• Are attentive to detail
• Are enthusiastic, energetic, and flexible, with a great sense of humor
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected], "LCDP Intern" in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.