Lincoln Center International
Lincoln Center International is dedicated to enhancing the vibrancy and sustainability of the performing arts worldwide. Founded to further Lincoln Center’s mission of bringing the best of the performing arts to the broadest possible audience, Lincoln Center International is active in several diverse areas which collectively amplify Lincoln Center’s impact across cultural and geographic borders. What began as a consulting practice has evolved into an institutional engine for philanthropic relationships, cultural exchange, and marketing partnerships with multinational corporations. It also extends the reach of Lincoln Center Education to new markets. In September 2015, Lincoln Center International launched the inaugural Lincoln Center Global Exchange to advance the centrality of art in our world.
Interns in Lincoln Center International will work alongside the team while learning the process of developing and propelling Lincoln Center’s global initiatives.
This entrepreneurial internship will include opportunities to work on strategy, business development, management, and education training and consulting, planning a conference on culture, marketing, fundraising, and client services projects. Additional learning opportunities may include:
• Conducting in-depth independent research on worldwide performing arts centers, educational organizations, cities, philanthropists, corporations, foundations, and other stakeholders and decision makers in the performing arts landscape
• Drafting informative briefing memos for the internal team and occasionally delivering brief reports at meetings
• Supporting the development and execution of Lincoln Center’s global conference on culture
• Supporting the assembly and design of presentations for internal and external meetings
• Preparing for and assisting during high-profile events, meetings, management training programs, and VIP Lincoln Center campus tours
• Analyzing key geographies and identifying influential international leaders to support Lincoln Center International’s regional advisory councils
• Building financial and quantitative analyses (for interns with relevant skill sets)
• Occasional translation, written and/or verbal (for relevant foreign language speakers only)
Interns will be given the opportunity to join team meetings when available. They will learn the process of providing analysis and recommendations to the team and participate in problem-solving and project implementation.
Entrepreneurial working environment; direct experience with quantitative analysis; and PowerPoint and Excel preferred
This internship might be right for you if you have:
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Clear verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to present information and data in a concise manner
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Action-oriented self-starter skills
• The ability to be flexible, positive, creative, and high performing in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
• Interest in the performing arts, international affairs and consulting preferred
• Multiple languages are a plus but not required
This is a paid internship ($11 per hour, maximum of 40 hours per week). International students must be eligible for curricular practical training (CPT) or optional practical training (OPT).
Interns must be current students.
Please send cover letter, résumé [email protected] and list “Lincoln Center International Summer Intern“ in the subject line. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation