Volunteer Ambassador Program
Lincoln Center’s Guest Services team seeks energetic, highly motivated, customer service-oriented volunteers to greet guests at Lincoln Center for our four summer series: Midsummer Night Swing, Out of Doors, Festival, and Mostly Mozart. Part of a larger volunteer program, Ambassadors will support our Lincoln Center Guest Services and Front-of-House staff by creating a welcoming environment, answering general questions, directing guests as needed, and upholding Lincoln Center’s rigorous standards for guest care. Although our focus is on our four summer series, participants may have an opportunity to stay on and continue to support our year round programming.
What You’ll Do:
• Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner at a variety of indoor and outdoor LCPA events.
• Provide a welcoming, reliable, and informed presence about Lincoln Center programming.
• Provide information on neighborhood merchants and Lincoln Center events across campus.
• Communicate with Guest Services, Programming, Security, Porter, and Front-of-House staff.
• Assist with general line management and crowd control.
• Serve as a resource and helping hand for guests with disabilities; assist with accessibility needs at each performance venue.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have fun!
What We’re Looking For:
• Fun, friendly, and outgoing people with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Open to supporting any performance, indoors or outdoors, rain or shine
• Available to attend regular meetings and periodic trainings
• Foreign language skills a plus
• Prior Front-of-House and/or hospitality experience is preferred
• Past experience working in a multi-tiered institution with complex organization and reporting structure a plus
All prospective volunteers must attend a training meeting before being placed on assignment at LCPA performances. The training will introduce basic knowledge and protocols. Periodic meetings and trainings will be held to provide additional information and opportunities for exchange between volunteers and the Guest Services department. All volunteers are asked to attend each of these meetings.
Volunteers join us with an implicit understanding that the main reward is in contributing to Lincoln Center by enhancing our guests’ overall experience. From time to time, volunteers are offered complimentary tickets to select Lincoln Center performances, based on availability.
Ambassadors will be scheduled for approximately four hours per month.
Many assignments will involve being outdoors.
About Guest Services:
Guest Services is a multi-faceted department charged with engaging Lincoln Center's seasoned patrons and new visitors alike. Committed to creating the best possible visitor experience, the department oversees such enrichment programs as Lincoln Center's Guided Tour program, Accessibility at Lincoln Center, and Lincoln Center’s volunteer initiatives. In addition, Guest Services provides front line service at select Lincoln Center performances and in-person information and guidance at LincolnCenter's community and visitor space, the David Rubenstein Atrium.
How to be considered:
In order to be considered for a volunteer opportunity, please complete the application form online.
For more information, please email our Guest Services department [email protected]